Sunday 15 January 2012

A "Wrong" Guy.

"Like to challenge her?"


Have you ever begin unlucky to meet a "wrong" guy at a wrong time and at the wrong place or has something like this ever happened to you?

You are walking on a crowded side walk, when someone bumps into you and knocks you off balance for a moment. But instead of apologizing to you, he looks contemptuously into your eyes like about to say..."Get the fuck out of my way, asshole." Or this? You are waiting in line at the Singapore Pool's booth and someone much bigger than you blatantly cuts right in front of you. You think of saying something to the guy but he looks like a gangster with tattoos on his arms, so you just bite your tongue and remains silent .

In both cases. you suppressed your urge to react. You're not a coward but is worried that you might get injured, killed or arrested in a fight. All for what? .....Nothing!!. So, you soothe your anger and tell yourself....... "Someday that guy will meet "someone - the right guy" -who will teach him a lesson or two" The someone is not you, so you let it pass.

I happened to pick a "someone - the right guy" one night, last month along Geylang Road. The first thing I noticed about him were his physical attributes. He was about 40+, 6 feet tall and with muscular arms. He looks like an ex-military Eurasian man and had an expression of a tiger that had just killed his prey. After boarding, he suddenly shouted through the window, "F@#$%  BASTARD! DAMN F@#$%  BASTARD!"

"What's the matter?" I asked.

His answer shocked me. "I hope I didn't kill him."

"What happened?" I asked again.

"THAT STUPID F@#$% BASTARD!" he screamed. "I DON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH HIS SHIT!"

"What happened??" I asked in desperation for more details.

"I think I killed him," he blurted out as he covered his face in his hands. "Oh, God, I hope I didn't kill him."

His emotions were like the waves of an ocean - a minute up in anger- the next minute down in grief. It took me quite a while to figure out what had happened in the bar.

He'd been sitting alone at a bar counter, having a couple of drinks and enjoying the sentimental music. Then  three rowdy Chinese guys entered the bar and sat in a row beside him. One of these guys decided to have some fun at my passenger's expense. He began dissing at him while his buddies laughed. My passenger was understandably infuriated and it led to a brawl.

Powerful blows and kicks were exchanged aggressively. It ended with the rude guy collapsing on the floor from a chop to his neck, which may have crushed his windpipe. He gasped desperately for air before slumping over in a moribund condition.. My passenger ran out of the bar to the street looking for a taxi. My cab became his getaway car. Those Chinese guys had finally met "the someone" who happens to be an ex-military man who knew martial arts and was in no mood to take crap from some punk. They had met the "right" guy who taught them a lesson they will never forget for a long time.

When we arrived at his destination, I advised him not to talk to anyone else about this incident other than a priest. Not to let his feelings of guilt put him into a jail. Till today, I heard nothing more about the incident.

Interestingly, I felt no fear in being alone with him in my cab although he was a "fugitive killer". He wasn't my wrong guy. I usually don't meet wrong guy because I don't go around intentionally provoking or insulting strangers.

Like what Miss Kim Ong commented in one of my posting : " Justice will prevail, she will get her comeuppance, may not be swift but it will surely come, you may not see her get her just dessert. After all, sow an action, reap a habit, sow a habit, reap a character, sow a character and reap destiny. Have faith."

No comments: