Sunday 15 January 2012

Why Ask?

Welcome On Board, Buddies!!

A few days ago, I received the following email:-

"Hi James,

My name is Amiya Bardon and I am an American film student who is in Singapore to make a short documentary film for school. I am part of a group of six and my group and I have found great interest in the story of Singapore taxi drivers and your blog caught my attention.

I was wondering if you would be interested in speaking with me about possibly telling us a little about your life and the story about how you became a taxi driver and the struggles that come along with it (and the fact that you are also a blogger). I would love to be able to speak with you over the phone to explain more about what we are trying to accomplish with our project. Please let me know if you are interested!


Thank you for your time,

Amiya Bardon
B.F.A Creative Producing '12
Chapman University"

I replied a day later:

"Hi Amiya,

Just got back to Singapore from a short holiday trip to Phnom Penh (Cambodia) and read your email. Sorry for this late reply. Called you a short while ago on your cell phone but you were not available. So I thought this email reply might help.

Well, I gave considerable thoughts to your request to make a short documentary film for your school project of taxi drivers in Singapore and would like me to participate. Yes, if I can be of any help to your school project. And that's the only reason why agreed to your request.

Regards,

James Lim."

Nothing was heard after my reply. I don't know why. So be it.





No comments: