Sunday 12 May 2024

Brisk Walking in Zheng Hua Nature Park- Bukit Panjang


 


Since retiring five years ago at 72,, I've found myself spending most of my free time sleeping or in front of my PC monitor.
I hardly do any form of exercise except occasional short cycling trips around my neighbourhood to take my meals.
Sadly, this sedentary lifestyle has taken its toll on my leg muscles, leaving them weakened and diminished to little more than skin over bone.
During a recent group tour to Shanghai/Tokyo, I found myself struggling to keep up with the group, often relying on a walking stick to navigate outings and sometimes having to opt out altogether due to my walking limitations with weak muscles.
The scary realization that if I don't take action to strengthen my leg muscles, I may soon find myself confined to a wheelchair.
Therefore, I've made the decision to kickstart a routine of brisk walking around the nature park in my estate starting from May 1st.
I'm hopeful that this newfound determination will provide the motivation I need to sustain my exercise regimen in the long term.
Here is a short video of the pleasant walking/running trail in our Zenghua Nature Park where I exercise my 5,000 steps brisk-walking. Cheers!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" - Keep it going!!! Health is wealth. Hope your legs get stronger each and every day. Cheers!!!

Diary of a Singaorean Cabby said...

Anon,
Thank you very much for your encouragement. cheers!!