Saturday 23 July 2022

A Happy Day in my Life.


 

As parents, nothing makes us prouder than seeing our filial children achieve remarkable things in their life, such as obtaining post-graduate qualifications as working adults.

Today is Aaron Lim's convocation day at N.T.U.

On this day, I told Aaron:

"Congratulations, my dearest Son on receiving a Master's of Science degree (MSc) from Nanyang Technological University (N.T.U), in Asset and Wealth Management, which happens to be an essential component of your present job description.

Your achievements have pleasantly surprised and pleased your mother and me.

Honestly, to be able to quietly accomplish your academic goals despite your laid-back personality, raising a young family, and working a stressful day job are admirable feats beyond words and our wildest expectations. Well done, man!

In addition, I appreciate your discreet method of study and unassuming character.

Not many people know you were in pursuit of a post-graduate master’s degree until now.

They say "actions and results speak louder than words!".

Indeed, I believe you’ll be an inspirational father to your children.

Today, I formally apologize for my past doubts about your abilities and resourcefulness.

Previously, I felt you lacked seriousness and motivation because you have always enjoyed fooling around since you were a child.

In my eyes, you were a mischievous, cheeky, handsome boy with no interest in studies or high aspirations.

Today, you proved me wrong,

You are now a successful and responsible family man with a set of right priorities that urge well for a bright future. (Don’t screw up)

Therefore, I obliterate my former erroneous assumptions about you.

More importantly, I’m not impious and thanks God for keeping me alive today, at the age of 75, so that I can participate in and enjoy the priceless and proudest moments of my life on your convocation day.

I couldn’t wish for more but with your capricious traits, we might have another pleasant surprise. Only God knows.

Again, Congratulations, my handsome son on your graduation.

I wish you and your lovely family the best of luck in the future!

Best wishes!





4 comments:

Overcome Life said...

Congratulations!!!

Diary of a Singaorean Cabby said...

Thank you for your well wishes. Cheers!!

William said...

Congratulations to handsome son and also handsome grandfather lah! With best wishes

Diary of a Singaorean Cabby said...

Hi, Willaim,
Appreciate your best wishes for both of us.
Like father like son but he's more capable.
Regards
James