Sunday 2 October 2011

Wasted Night.

I got a shock of my life while driving in a thunder storm during the wee hour of last Thursday morning. No, I didn't get struck by lightening but my heart nearly stopped while I was driving along Bukit Batok Road.

The timing was perfect.

What happened was, as I was passing a traffic light junction, there was a flash of bright light. My whole cab was illuminated as I drove through the junction. Instinctively, I hit my brakes thinking a traffic light camera had caught me and there went my hard day of work and demerit points. My heart sunk but then another lightening came followed by a loud thunder a second later. I knew instantly the bright light was from heavens and not from traffic police. "Oh, thanks God", I said to myself and felt lucky.

Everything happened in a flash with no time for reflection. It was only a second thereafter, I thanked God for issuing me a warning not a fine. But no sooner had I finished offering my gratitude to Him, a huge tree branch came crushing onto my cab. It hit my bonnet and I came to a screeching stop. Luckily there were no other cars on the road at that time of the night and I was not hurt. The damage was serious with a deep dent and scratches. My hard day of work evaporated into the wet night, saved the demerit points. I looked at my watch. It was almost five o'clock. "What a waste," I sighed and drove home.
                                   
                                          "Wasted Days And Wasted Night"







No comments: